Introduction to NEET 2018 Application Form:
- Before applying exam: The candidate, before submitting the application form online, shall satisfy his/her eligibility to appear in the test. The candidate is required to go through the Information Bulletin carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to the submission of the Application Form.
- Mode: Candidates can apply for NEET 2018 exclusively online by logging on to CBSE’s official website. Kindly note that there is no provision for an offline application.
- Registration Timeline: The process of application will begin from 1st week of January 2018 and go on until the last week of the month.
- Sign-up Essentials: Before starting the procedure of filling the application form, candidates must keep a working mail ID and a valid phone number ready.
- Application Fee: The payment of amount towards NEET 2018 application fee can be paid via Credit Card/Debit Card, Internet Banking, E-challan at designated banks only.
- Printouts: On the successful completion of the application process for NEET 2018, candidates must take printouts of the confirmation page.
- The candidates have to provide the Aadhaar/Identity details follows.
- Indian Nationals of all states: Aadhaar Card Number, Aadhaar Enrolment Number or Registration Number issued by Facilitation Centre.
- Indian Nationals belonging to Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir: Aadhaar Card Number, Aadhaar Enrolment Number, Registration Number issued by Facilitation Centre, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, Passport Number or Number of any Other Identity Card issued by Government.
- NRIs: Aadhaar Number, Passport Number.
- Foreigners/OCI/PIO: Passport Number.
- Candidate should have scanned images of his/her latest Photograph (size of 10 Kb to 100 Kb) and Signature (size of 3 Kb to 20 Kb) in JPG format only, for uploading as part of the submission of online application.
- Decide the mode of payment of the fee,
- Through any Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility.
- Net Banking/UPI.
- e-wallet of various service providers.
- If candidate decided to pay the fee through Debit/Credit Card, check the validity of the Card and keep it ready while logging on to a website for submitting the application form.
- If decided to pay the fee through Net Banking/UPI, follow the instructions as communicated during the online processing.
- If decided to pay the fee through e-wallet, follow the instructions as communicated during the online processing.
- Keep the statements of bank/Net Banking transaction receipt/e-wallet receipt bearing Application/ Registration Number for future reference.
- Print the Confirmation Page (Step-4) of online application after completion of Step-3 i.e. payment through debit/credit card/Net Banking/UPI/E-Wallet.
- Failure to complete Step-2 of Online Application and the further payment of the fee as per Step-3, final Submission of Online Application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful in all modes of payment of the fee.
- Generation of confirmation page confirms the correctness and final submission of application form. If confirmation page has not been generated, this means that application has not been submitted successfully.
Method of Submission of NEET 2018 Application Form:
- Log on to website www.cbseneet.nic.in.
- Download the Information Bulletin and Replica of Application – 2018 and read it carefully to understand eligibility criteria and other requirements for submission of online application.
- Go to the link “Apply Online” and open the same.
- Read the instructions and procedure for online submission of Application Form carefully. At the end of this page, following four links to apply online are given:
(a) Fill in the online application form Step-1 and note down the registration number.
(b) Upload images of photograph and signature in JPEG format at Step-2 of the application.
(c) Make payment of the fee as per available options in Step-3.
(d) Take print out of Confirmation page(s) at Step-4 of the online application form and preserve it for future reference along with the copy of proof of fee deposited.
- Open the link “Proceed to apply online NEET 2018”.
- Follow the instructions and complete the process of submission of application form.
- Kindly follow the instructions carefully and submit the information. At the end of this page, two links “Next and Preview” and “Reset” are given. If you are satisfied that filled in information is correct then Click “Next and Preview” otherwise “Reset”. After opening “Next and Preview”, information submitted can be checked and if the information is correct, go for “Next” otherwise go for “Back”.
- After this step, the candidates will create a password and enter OTP sent on their registered mobile phone. On submission, the Provisional Registration Number of the candidate will be generated and displayed on the screen. The Provisional Registration Number will also be sent to the registered E-mail Id and mobile phone of the candidate.
- At this stage, the candidate will be given an option to continue filling-up his application by clicking on the link “Continue” or completing the form “Later”. If “Later” is selected the candidate can log-in to his account at any time before the last date to complete the application form.
- By Clicking on the “continue” the candidate may submit the required information and complete the step-1 of the application form. At any time during this step, the candidate may keep on saving the data filled in the application form. At the end of this step, the candidate may preview the data filled up by them before finally submitting the form.
- After submission of data at Step -1, the programme will automatically take you to the second link for uploading of photograph and signature.
- After uploading of photograph and signature, the programme will automatically take you to step-3 for payment of the fee.
- Follow the instructions and remit the fee. After successful remittance fee, the programme will take you to step-4 to take print out of Confirmation Page.
- Follow the instructions to take the print out of Confirmation Page. Please keep the confirmation page and proof of payment of fee safely for any future reference.
- All the four links for online submission of application form, uploading of photograph and signature, payment of fee and to take print out of confirmation page can also be used separately/individually.
- Facility of submission of application form, uploading of photograph and signature, payment of fee and printing of the Computer Generated Confirmation Page will be de-activated as per given schedule. Hence, candidates are required to complete the process within the prescribed duration only.
- A copy of the confirmation page and self-declaration, as the case may be, will be emailed on the registered email id of the candidate for future reference after successful submission.
- Candidature of the candidates will not be accepted if the fee is not paid even after the successful submission of application form and issue of the registration number.
- Candidates are expected to be well versed with the technology of online submission of application form and without any help, they are capable in the submission of application form online. In case, any candidate is having any problem, such candidate may visit any of the Common Services Centres for submission of application form and payment of the fee. The Common Services
Centres have been setup as per a scheme of the Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. The details of the Common Services Centre are given on the website www.cbseneet.nic.in and also in Chapter-12.
Instructions for filling up NEET 2018 Application Form Online:
- Eligibility: The candidates should satisfy the eligibility criteria for a successful enrollment in NEET 2018.
- Details to be filled: The candidate should fill in the complete postal address with the pin code and e-mail address in the NEET 2018 application form for future correspondence.
- Contact Information: The candidates should ensure that mobile number and address entered in the NEET 2018 application form are his/her own.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that the details entered in the NEET 2018 application form are correct.Candidates must also ensure that address and contact details given by them be such at which candidate may be able to get the communication till the counselling is over.
- Candidate should not give the postal address, contact number and e-mail ID of Coaching Centres in their Online Application Form.
- Mode: The NEET 2018 Application Form can only be submitted online.
- Code: Candidates appearing for 12th standard qualifying examination in 2018 should fill in the qualifying code as 01.
- Submission: The candidates need not send the details of the confirmation page of the NEET 2018 Application Form to the board, but they are advised to preserve the same for future reference.
- Corrections: Requests for any changes in the NEET 2018 Application Form will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates should fill Code Number against the column provided for Qualifying Examination passed. If a candidate does not fall within the qualifications prescribed as per Code numbers 02 to 07, he/she should furnish complete details and fill up qualifying examination Code as 01.
- Candidates appearing in Class XII in 2018 should fill up qualifying code as 01.
- Candidates are advised to submit only one Application Form. If a candidate submits more than one Application Form, his/her candidature will be canceled.
- Confirmation: Information related to candidature will be available in the candidate’s login account. If confirmation page is not shown in login account, candidates are advised to immediately complete Step-3 of online Application and get the print out of confirmation page (Step-4) to complete the process within the prescribed last date of transaction of the fee.
- The candidates should bear in mind that any online transaction password generated on the NEET website while registering/submitting the form will be valid for 15 minutes only. After the lapse of this period, candidates need to click on the link “RESEND” OTP to generate new OTP.
- Fee Details:
|General/ OBC/ Male||INR 1400|
|SC/ ST/ PH||INR 750|
Important Events Related to NEET 2018 Application Form:
|Schedule for online submission of NEET 2018 application form||8th February 2018 (Thursday)|
|Last date to fill NEET 2018 Application Form||9th March 2018 (Friday)|
|Schedule for successful payment of NEET 2018 online fee||8th February 2018 (Thursday)|
|Last date for payment of NEET 2018 Online Fee||10th March 2018 (Saturday)|
|Correction in Application Form||12th March 2018 (Monday)|
|Last date for Correction in Application Form||16th March 2018 (Friday)|
Particulars to be Filled in the Online NEET 2018 Application Form:
- Candidate should fill particulars by selecting the following in the online Application Form:
- A name should be as per Aadhaar card.
- Date of Birth should be as per Aadhaar card.
- Gender as per Aadhaar card.
- Mother‟s Name should be as given in High School Certificate.
- Father‟s Name should be as given in High School Certificate.
- Self Declaration.
- Permanent Address.
- Aadhaar Number/Aadhaar Enrolment Number/Registration Number issued by Facilitation Centre/Passport Number/Ration Card Number/Bank Account Number/Any other valid Govt. Id. Number.
- State/District of Birth.
- Father‟s/Guardian‟s/Mother‟s Occupation Appendix-VI.
- Father‟s/Guardian‟s/Mother‟s Educational Qualifications Appendix-VI.
- Father‟s/Guardian‟s/Mother ‟s total annual Income Appendix-VI.
- Question Paper Language.
- Year of Class XII/Equivalent passed/appearing.
- Percentage of marks/Grade in class X/ Equivalent & XII/ Equivalent.
- State/District of class X, XI & XII.
- Minority Status.
- Disability Status.
- Type of Institution of class XII/ Equivalent.
- Belonging to Rural/Urban area.
- State to which the applicant belongs to, see Appendix-V.
- Qualifying examination code (Refer para – 4 of Chapter-3).
- School Education Board see Appendix-VII.
- Choice of Examination Centre see Appendix-II.
Date Of Birth:
- Enter the date, month and year of birth as per English calendar. The Date of Birth should be as per Aadhaar.
Photograph And Signatures:
- Candidates are advised to use following photographs:
- Passport size photographs with white background indicating clearly the name of the candidate along with the date of taking the photograph to be used for uploading on online Application and for Counselling/Admission.
- The photograph must be taken on or after 01/01/2018 indicating clearly the name of the candidate along with the date of taking the photograph as shown below. The photograph should not have any cap or goggles.
- Spectacles are allowed if being used regularly. POLAROID and COMPUTER generated photos are not acceptable. Applications not complying with these instructions or without clear photographs are liable to be rejected. Candidates may please note that if it is found that photograph affixed is fabricated i.e. de-shaped or seems to be manipulated or digitally edited, the form of the candidate will be rejected and the same would be considered as using unfair means practices and candidate would accordingly be dealt with as per the rules of unfair means.
- The candidates are required to upload their signature in the appropriate box given in the online Application Form in running handwriting. Writing full name in the Box in Capital letters would not be accepted as signature and the Application Form would liable to be rejected.
- Ensure that photograph and signature are uploaded to the respective fields.
- The candidates are required to upload their photograph as shown above. The system will allow uploading of the photograph with one face only by using the technique of face-detection.
- Further, it is mandatory for the candidate to bring an additional passport size photograph indicating clearly the name of the candidate along with the date of taking the photograph for affixing it on the specific space in the attendance sheet on the day of examination.